Before, moderate rural Democrats in the U.S. House were standing up to Nancy Pelosi in opposition to the “cap and trade” National Energy Tax (H.R. 2454).
They know how harmful this massive tax will be. But now, she’s been able to strong arm a number of them into a deal, and a vote may happen by Friday, June 26th.
This national energy tax would possibly be the largest tax increase in American history, it would cause gas and electricity prices to skyrocket, and add to our already spiraling federal deficit. We simply cannot afford this.
Our representatives must hear from us before Friday, and we must urge them to vote against H.R. 2454.
Your call today could change the game.
You can reach the Congressional switchboard at (202) 224-3121. Call and ask for your Representative’s office. Politely but firmly tell their office that you are opposed to this costly government power grab.
If you are looking for what to say, here’s a list of facts about how the energy tax would:
1. Reduce aggregate gross domestic product (GDP) by $9.6 trillion
2. Destroy an average of 1-3 million jobs, every year
3. Raise electricity rates 90 percent after adjusting for inflation
4. Raise inflation-adjusted gasoline prices by 74 percent
5. Raise residential natural gas prices by 55 percent
6. Raise an average family’s annual energy bill by $1,500 annually
7. Increase the federal debt by 26 percent, which is $29,150 per person
Source for facts: Heritage Foundation
If you want to help defeat this proposed national energy tax, you can help right now.
1. Sign the Stop the Energy Tax petition: go here
2. Call their members of Congress and urge them to vote against the national energy tax (H.R. 2454).
Again you can reach the Congressional switchboard at (202) 224-3121. Call and ask for your Representative’s office.